BOTOX or Dysport is an FDA approved purified protein that works as a neuromodulator. When Botox injected into the targeted muscles, it creates a temporary weakening of the muscle contraction. As the brain tells the muscle to move, it will remain weakened or still, based on the dosage of Botulinum toxin injected. The level of “freezing” varies from minimal to moderate depending on the type of look that is desired. The best part is, studies show that Dysport starts to act within 24 hours of injection, and can last up to 6 months! (Scroll to the bottom to see how much Botox cost in Toronto)
• Smoothing out frown and forehead lines, as well as crow’s feet (lines around the eyes) to create a relaxed appearance
• Creating a natural lift of the brows to open up the eyes
• Softening dimpling of the chin and vertical lines above the lip (smoker’s lines)
• Turning up the corners of the lip to prevent marionette lines
• Softening an angular jaw line by shrinking oversized masseter muscles
• Temporomandibular (TMJ) syndrome. This is often caused by grinding of teeth, especially during sleep
• Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating. Common treatment area: Underarms!!!
• Treatment of migraine headaches
Learn more about the Difference between Botox and Dermal Fillers in our blog!
Downtime: This is the perfect lunch hour remedy as there is no downtime. Treatments can be performed within minutes and require no anaesthesia. Results are noticed within a few days and last up to 6 months, depending on the individual.
Combined with other procedures such as Dermal Fillers and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) with microneedling, one is able to enjoy the experience and appearance of complete rejuvenation, without the need for invasive surgery.
Is it painful? Injections can always be a little uncomfortable, but the needles we use are extremely tiny. Sometimes, the pokes are barely even felt and each poke just lasts for about a second.
Cost: This is determined at the time of consultation since each individual’s dosing requirement varies depending on the desired outcome and the strength of each muscle group. Come in for a free consultation to determine your needs, and take advantage of our client appreciation promotions!
Consultation time: Approximately 15 minutes
Botox/Dysport (Botulinum Type A) Pricing:
Regular Price: $10 per unit
Package of 50 units at $9 per unit
Two packages of 50 units (100 units total) at $8 per unit
**Of note, the units do not have to be used in the same session and can be banked with no expiry**
Botox/Dysport: Your first 20 units for $125